System Dev Engineer
System Development Engineer
WAZO FURNITURE was founded in 2016 and is a leading furniture brand featuring Canada’s largest selection of solid wood tables; partnered with mid-century modern, bohemian, rustic and designer furniture. Having a sense for trends and an eye for beauty and art, we know that it is all about the product that we sell, and the service standard that we believe in, that has positioned so well with our customers.
Wazo has seen explosive growth since opening and continues to deliver an exceptional e-commerce and online focus allowing us to compete at the highest level. Customers that choose to have a more direct “one-on-one” relationship will enjoy a low-stress and pleasant in-store experience at one of our 2 designer showrooms.
With a head office in North York and an office on Nuns’ Island (Montréal), we are planning aggressive growth in both store count and organizational focus. The next 24-months will see our business double in size each year!
Now, we are looking for a knowledgeable, energetic and an entrepreneurial mindset individual to join our team as a System Development Engineer. This individual needs to be well versed in maintaining hardware and software for daily operations, ERP system experience, and E-commerce experience – mainly Shopify.
Responsibilities for Systems Engineer
- Maintain hardware and software needed for daily operations
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution
- Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower, and time necessary
- Assist other departments in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from departments and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration
Qualifications for Systems Engineer
- Experience developing engineering applications
- Demonstrated project development and project management skills
- A Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Professional work experience with 3rd party outsourced team and project managing
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications such as ERP, Shopify, and other business management related tools
- Profound knowledge in DB, system integration, and E-commerce platforms.
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience, and civil engineering preferred
- Ability to work together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
Wazo Furniture is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and respect applications from a diverse workforce and would request you to reach out to the Human Resources Team, should you require any accommodation during the hiring process. Wazo will work with you to ensure reasonable accommodations are extended to meet your needs, for you to participate in the process.